When I was really little bananas used to be my favourite fruit, I think I even was prescribed by a doctor to eat banana a day so my sensitive stomach would be calmer.
So every day I would find banana in my lunchbox and I loved them, but then while growing up I got rupt up in myth that bananas makes us put on weight, they contain too much sugar and in general bananas are the evil. Oh boy, who does write such a bad articles about such a wonderful fruit? Bananas are great source of potassium, they are naturally sweet, gives you boost of energy and as I mentioned earlier do wonders to stomach.
Yes all the fruits contain sugar but it is natural and won’t do any harm to you unless you are diagnose with diabetes. And in my opinion it is the best to eat natural source of vitamins and minerals then a bunch of pills that been created in the laboratory, let the food be your medicine:)
Back to the recipe, this granola is so yummy, crunchy, nutty, with chewy pieces of dates, it makes the great breakfast or snack. I love to top my smoothie bowls with it or eat it with coconut yogurt. And as soon as you put in in the oven it will make your house smell wonderful, which is always a nice compliment of cooking some pretty things;)
- 150 gr of oat flakes
- 150 gr of very ripe banana pure(2 small ones or one jumbo size)
- 50 gr of pitted dates cut in small pieces
- 70 gr of mixture walnuts and pecans
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees, line the baking tray with silicone mat
- Mash bananas with a fork and then stir in cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and coconut oil
- Pour the mixture ver oats, mix till fairly combined, add chopped dates and nuts.
- Distribute evenly on the baking sheet, bake for 30min, then stir lower the temperature to 110 degrees C and bake additional hour, check if it's ready by pulling the edge of silicone mat, if it separates easily then turn off the oven and let it cool completely before transferring to the airtight container.