I like to start my day with a huge juice or yammy fruit platter, but truly enjoy my meal I have to sit down and eat with peace and take my time. Yeah.. I’m definitely not eat on the go kinda girl. So when I know that in gonna be tight on time or just want sweet and nutritious pick me up I always bake this bars.
they are wonderful alternative to raw energy balls( I always have on hand anyway:)) which I love, but what would be life without variations?
- 100 gr of oats
- 70 gr of almonds
- 50 gr of linseeds
- 25 gr of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 250 gr of dates
- 150 gr of water
- pinch of salt
- coconut for decorating
- Soak dates in 150 gr of water prior cooking
- When they are very soft blend till smooth
- Add almonds to the food processor or a blender and pulse a few times till there is no longer big pieces left
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process just till everything is incorporated
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees
- Transfer all the mixture to the tray and press firmly and then cut into bars
- Decorate with coconut shreds if you wish
- Put the tray in the oven, check after 15 min, they should be dry to the touch and if you lift the silicone mat they will not stick to the edges, in case if the look little bit sticky return to the oven for additional 5 minutes
- Let cool completely before removing from the tray, store in air tight jar.