Hello dear friends:)
So it’s 7 o’clock on the morning and I’m already sitting on the backstage of the show waiting for my hair to be done. The only thing that brightening up my morning now it this cookies that I wisely pack for my breakfast along with figs strawberries and energy balls. And let me tell you, I’m getting quite a lot of attention and jealous looks with my selection right now;).
I always pack meals or snack for me to take to work especially when I’m doing shows, because on the shoots you usually can get some options, but for these massive events they have to preorder everything ahead of time and somehow hardly any healthy stuff. Like today it was giant plate of croissants for breakfast not even single piece of fruit!
I love to talk about vegan lifestyle and what is the best opportunity to show how wonderful healthy vegan food could be if not to show it yourself. Lots of people really have wrong idea looking at it as at something restrictive and boring. But reality is that opportunities are unlimited you just need to have little bit of knowledge and inspiration to cook beautiful food in comfort of your own home.
Raw brazil nut and chia cookies
- 50 gr of oats
- 30 gr of dried figs
- 30 gr Brazil nuts
- 20 gr chia seeds
- 2 cardamom pods
- 130 gr pear purée
- 2 tablespoon of agave syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- pinch of salt
for a simple raw chocolate
- First blitz the oats and 3/4 of nuts in food processor till you have flour consistency
- Finely chop figs and smash seeds of 2 cardamom pods.
- Add 3/4 of figs pieces to the food processor along with cardamom, pear, agave and salt, pulse till everything start to come together, add remaining nuts, figs and chia seeds to your cookie dough and process till 1 big sticky boll is formed. Cover it and let it sit for half an hour, chia and oats will absorb most of the liquid and it will become much easier to handle.
- Shape cookies as desired, place on the baking tray and bake for 20 min at 140 degrees, after lower the temperature to 100 degrees Celsius and continue baking for 40 min. After the time is up they should be completely dry to touch on the both sides and come off from the shit easily. You can enjoy it as it is or dip them in raw chocolate and take them to the new level of deliciousness.
My perfect greens