This is the first post of the new 2016 year. First of all I want to wish everyone who reads it a very happy and healthy new year.
2015 was important for me in so many ways.. I met lots of people who as passionate about healthy living as I am, I opened my Instagram account(the major source of connection with those people:)).. But the most important I grew as a person, I tried to overcome some live obstacles as best as I could without losing myself. I’m very sensitive person and take lots of staff very close to my heart therefore I do suffer with the stress issues maybe more then most of the people. I develop some techniques through the years… Like meditation and yoga is a great help! Conscious breathing is the most important and of course good food, which is bringing us to the main subject of this little post.
Whenever I get stressed I get upset tommy, cramps definitely don’t go in my imagination with happy me so I tried to include in my daily routine probiotic rich food like sauerkraut and yogurt and that definitely did it magic. Of course if your problems are deeper then simple digestive distress you will have to work harder to clear them up but anyway including more homemade fermented food is a great step in the way of healthy self love and taking care about yourself.
I have already recipe for yogurt in my blog but I find this one really different from coconut yogurt that I posted earlier. First is fully raw and second I think its easier to make and more soothing for a tommy. But both of them have their uses for sure like coconut yogurt is great in desserts and more familiar to everyone who is just transitioning to a vegan lifestyle. I really hope that you will ahve this one a try and if you do please let me know what do you think!
- 90 gr oat groats
- 50 gr cashews
- 250 gr water
- 1 capsule of good probiotic
- Place oats and cashews in two separate bowls and cover them with plenty of water, let it sit overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- After time is up just drain them and put both in the blender, add 250 ml of clean bottled water, powder from the probiotic capsule and blend on high till smooth.
- I do sterilise my yogurt jars before, by pouring boiling water over them, which gives me a confidence that I will grow just good bacterias in my little yogurt farm, but this is optional and you can just wash your jar very well.
- Pour your blended mixture in your prepared jars, cover losely with the lid or paper towel and let it sit from 12 to 24 hours, depends how warm your kitchen is. You will know its ready if it puffed up slightly, formed a bubbles on the side of the jar and have a pleasant yogurt smell and tangy taste. Stir it preferably with a wooden or glass spoon transfer you containers sealed very well this time in the fridge.
- Actually you can continue fermentation process till desired sourness achieved but keep in mind that fridge just will slow down process but wont stop it completely so even there it can continue becoming tangier.
- Keeps very well for at least 3 days and up to 5, but this will depend how cold is your fridge, at which point of fermentation you did transfer it and how clean jars where, so just have a little taste taste and decide for yorself, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!