I’m very active person. I walk a lot daily due to my work and I try to workout every day even if its just for 20 minutes. I think that consistency is really a key when it comes to exercising. At least it what worked for me. I feel much better doing small intense workout everyday then training for two hours lets say twice per week. But everybody is different and of course you need to find what suits you best.
On my day off I like to do longer session and since my favourite routine is power yoga, after all inversions I can become light headed. And I found that having something sweet, plant based and rich in protein always helps instantly to recover or can really help your performance if you have it 30 minutes before you start. Before we continue with the recipe I wanted to take a minute and tell how much yoga helped me in numerous ways. From improving my sleep and letting go from the things that you know you can not stress about but just can not help it to curing the headaches that I had on the daily basis. So I highly recommend starting with even small sequence if you are new and trying to find YOUR teacher till you feel happy with your practice, because that is really a key.
This is wonderful snack idea or post workout treat.
- 100 gr almond butter
- 80 gr raw hemp protein powder(or the protein powder of your choice but watch out for sweeteners added to them so your truffles doesn't become overly sweet)
- 150 gr of raisins
- 1 tablespoon of spirulina(optional)
- 30 gr coconut oil(if you are watching fat intake you can replace it for water)
- 1/4 of vanilla pod or 1 teaspoon of vanilla powder
- If you are using vanilla pod then blend it first with almond butter till it fully incorporated, then add the rest of the ingredients and process till smooth paste forms, if looks too dry you can add 1 tablespoon of oil or 1 tablespoon of water, till it looks like a play dough. Roll it in the balls and coat them with cacao powder if desired