I’m a person with a massive sweet tooth, but this doesn’t mean that I stuff myself with boxed chocolate and candies. It’ s so many amazing sweet fruits and berries out there, that I eat on the daily basis and feel great afterwards.
And you can make your own chocolate that will be so much better for you and taste incredible( I’m sharing recipe for this later;)) But I was intimidate for a long time with a gluten free baking. And I know that some of the people still are…I put lots of time did tons of research before starting so i will be more then happy to share all my knowledge here with you, if you have any question just ask.
And you know when I introduced cakes back into my lifestyle it just made my mornings a dash brighter(yes, I can totally eat any of the cakes, muffins or cupcakes for breakfast and feel awesome for the rest of the day)
When I started to work on this particular recipe I knew exactly what I wanted… somehing sweet, fruity and aromatic…I looked up what I had on the fridge and started to experiment.. I baked it, I loved the flavour but texture was not my cup of tea, I knew that I had to work on them. So I done another trail… And another… Ending up with enormous amount of little muffins:)
Gluten free baking can be really tricky sometimes and involve a bit of since, if you baked before using gluten you probably have to forget about most of the rules that used to apply. So I sit down and analysed, cut down liquids, replace flour… And… My forth attempt were beyond success for me, I’m really happy with them. They moist flavourful and fluffy. Hope you like them as much as I do
This muffins future wonderful ingredient: hibiscus tea, you may be not familiar with the taste of pure hibiscus tea, but for sure you had it in different variations like summer berries, roseship and many others… If you study the ingredients all the ruby red teas have at least 50 procreant of hibiscus in them, no doubts why, it has wonderful bittersweet taste, incredible aroma and it so good for you.
Hibiscus is a bushy annual plant. Parts of the flower are used to make a popular drink in Egypt called Karkade. Various parts of the plant are also used to make jams, spices, soups, and sauces. The flowers are used to make medicine.
In foods and beverages, hibiscus is used as a flavoring. It is also used to improve the odor, flavor, or appearance
- High cholesterol. Some early research suggests that taking hibiscus extract bymouth or consuming hibiscus tea might lower cholesterol levels in people withmetabolic syndrome or diabetes. However other early research shows that taking a specific extract of hibiscus leaves (Green Chem, Bangalore, India) for 90 days does not improve cholesterol levels in people with high cholesterol. Also, taking hibiscus extract by mouth for 12 weeks does not appear to reduce cholesterolcompared to the drug pravastatin and may actually increase cholesterol levels in people with high cholesterol.
- Loss of appetite.
- Irritated stomach.
- Fluid retention.
- Heart disease.
- Nerve disease.
- Other conditions.
- 70 gr. of brown rice flour
- 10 gr of tapioca starch
- 20 gr flaxmeal
- 2 tablespoons of powdered stevia
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 150 gr of berry tea(I used hibiscus with strawberry pieces)
- 30 gr coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 80 gr of strawberries
- 20 gr of strawberry + 10 gr of coconut for topping
- Put 150 gr of boiling water over teabag, cover and let it sit for at least 15 minutes. it has to be barely warm or cold before you start mixing the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and prepare muffin cups.
- In one bowl mix first 5 dry ingredients, in the second bowl stir all liquid ingredients.
- Pour liquid ingredients over dry, stir thoroughly to combine.
- Chop the strawberries and sprinkle coconut over and stir so pieces of strawberries covered with coconut. This way coconut will soak up all the juices, becoming more flavourful and help top of the muffins bake evenly. Fold these strawberries in your dough.
- After add baking powder and quickly mix till you can't longer see any traces of it. Working fast fill muffin cups on 2/3 of the hight, top with the strawberries, put on the in the oven and bake for 14 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (try to find the spot without topping). Let cool for 5 minutes and at this point transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool completely if you can resist the amazing smell going that already filled up your apartment or make yourself a cup of tea and enjoy amazing warm little taste sensation.