This is a perfect dessert when you NEED something chocolatey fast and you don’t want to compromise your healthy standards:) Then this cakes for you! It is gluten-free, vegan takes 1 minute to put together and tastes like a treat!
This is definitely the easiest cake to make and you really can’t go wrong. You can mix it all in a microwave mug and there is not going to be even an extra dish to clean!
For presentation purposes, I did all the mixing in a separate bowl and then poured the ready batter in my prepared mug. Don’t forget to spray it gently with an oil spray if you want to take it out, but I personally never bother and eat it straight from the mug topped with whatever I fancy that day! And my personal favourite thing to do is to sprinkle chopped chocolate over the cake that is still hot. Chocolate will get melted within seconds and take this dessert to a completely new level.
It always turns out fudgy, super chocolatey, it has only feel good ingredients and it only takes 1 minute to make and in my hands, it disappears even faster:)
It can be made sugar-free as well by using stevia and it’s naturally gluten-free because of the oats(make sure to look at the label because some companies can handle oats in the same factory as other crops and therefore not all the oats can be considered gluten-free).
And please never buy the oat flour, it takes seconds to do at home. You just grab rolled oats and put them in the food processor or the blender and you blend till you reach the fine consistency. The same process applies to the linseed meal. The final result is so much fresher, cheaper and better for you!
1-minute chocolate mug cake
- 3 tbsp of oat flour
- 1 tsp of flax meal
- 1 1/2 tbsp of cacao powder
- 1/4 of mashed banana
- 2 tbsp of sugar or stevia blend
- 2 tbsp of milk
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar or squeeze of lemon juice
- Mash the banana with a fork and stir in oat flour, flax meal, cacao powder, baking soda, a pinch of salt and sugar.
- Pour your milk over, add apple cider vinegar, mix just till everything is incorporated and transfer to your mug
- Add a square of chocolate in the middle and press it down slightly
- Microwave for 55 seconds (may take slightly longer in your microwave so keep a close eye when it comes to 50 seconds mark:))
- Top with what your heart desires and enjoy straight away!