I used to be very affected by the weather. So rain would immediately make me sad not a very easy thing to deal with when you live in the UK. But recently I tried to look at it from a different perspective. We decide ourselves what colour do we want to paint certain occasions in our lives. From the beginning, we already adopted stereotypes about pretty much everything that is happening with us on the daily basis. But what will happen if suddenly we would break it and consciously change the colour from black to white? For an example, it’s raining… great really wanted to see rain today and trees really need some water… and so on… Not easy always to substitute your reaction but it’s a work in progress:)
And from that rumble, would follow the thought that we are responsible for our own sun! Period..
When you need some help with that and when its quite grey outside my remedy is to bake bot only it makes my house comfortably warm on these chilly autumn afternoons but it fills it with an incredible aroma and on the end, you can get a sunny bake. So you see… you are only one step away from owning your very tasty sun:)
Apricot upside down cake
- 9 ripe apricots
- 120 grams aquafaba
- 120 grams cooked chickpeas
- 1 inch of fresh ginger
- 1 medium banana
- 90 grams buckwheat flour
- 1 tbsp milled linseeds
- 50 grams coconut sugar
- 40 grams coconut oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Splash apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- Plus crushed almonds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Slice apricots in half and place into lined with a baking parchment mold.
- In the blender combine aquafaba with chickpeas and banana. Blend till completely smooth.
- Mix coconut oil with sugar, salt, linseeds and apple cider vinegar, follow by buckwheat flour. Fork it with a fork for a couple of minutes to make sure that all ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour your wet mixture over dry and fold to combine. Add baking soda, stir until you no longer can see it and pour dough immediately into prepared baking mold.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or till golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool completely before flipping.
- Garnish with roasted almonds if you like