This is maybe my favourite chocolate treat to make! It only requires 2 ingredients, it is really delicious and super healthy treat to make!
Yes, chocolate dessert can be super healthy if you use high-quality chocolate! Cacao is actually a superfood with a record amount of antioxidants that can protect our cells against free radicals and keep is young and happy. It also has potassium and magnesium essential for energy metabolism and our ability to relax and it can lift the mood by converting tryptophan(one of the amino acids found in cacao) to serotonin(hormone of happiness).
Bottom line, we all have to eat more chocolate:) How great is that! And this recipe is perfect to make to treat yourself or someone special!
It only takes about 5 minutes and as a result, you will have airy, silky-smooth vegan chocolate mousse that melts in your mouth. I like to add fresh berries or cherries on top as well as crunchy nuts just to bring another dimension. And you can make it sugar-free as well by using homemade chocolate or just look at the label and they are plenty of good vegan chocolate on the market free of refined sugar!
2 ingredients vegan healthy chocolate mousse
- 90 grams of dark chocolate
- liquid from 1 can of chickpeas
- Drain chickpeas and save them for another recipe, we will only need a liquid that is called aquafaba
- Melt chocolate in the microwave
For the microwave method
- 30 seconds on high, stir and microwave 20 seconds more. If chocolate still not fully melted by then microwave for a few seconds longer but keeping an eye on the chocolate so it doesn't burn.
For a double broiler method
- Place one pot with water on the medium-high heat on the stove, bring to boil and place a larger pot on top making sure that water does not touch the pot that is on top.
- Add the chocolate to the top pot and allow it to melt stirring once in a while(usually takes 3-5 minutes)
- Add the liquid from the can of chickpeas to a large bowl and whip using electric whisk increasing the speed from low to the highest settings till you get white glossy peaks
- Add the melted chocolate to whipped aquafaba, stirring gently just till you incorporate the chocolate evenly
- Fill your serving glasses with chocolate mousse and transfer to the fridge to set for one hour at least but preferably overnight
- Before serving add you desired toppings and enjoy!