5-minute no-bake vegan protein energy balls
The easiest no-bake vegan protein energy balls made only from 4 ingredients in under 5 minutes! They are perfect for healthy snacking and will certainly give you an energy boost. As a bonus, these protein energy balls are Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free and Refined sugar-free. You can even make them nut-free if you wish. I will go through the ingredient list and what you can substitute them with later in this blog post.
Good for you protein balls that taste delicious
Besides that, this is probably the simplest recipe that I ever shared. It’s also super quick. These No-bake Vegan Protein Energy balls come together ridiculously fast. And they not only taste good but actually are good for you! The only problem… They can disappear as fast as they were made! Quantities that I provided makes about 4-6 protein balls so feel free to double or even triple it. I have been loving to have a couple of them as a snack in the afternoon because they always give me an energy boost. These protein balls aren’t loaded with sugar as well or have any nasty ingredients hidden unlike most of the storebought protein bars.
Pantry friendly energy balls recipe
I only used 4 simple ingredients for my no bake vegan protein energy balls. And probably you have all the ingredients on hand already! In case you don’t, I have provided extensive list of options for substitutions:)
These protein balls taste like peanut butter cookie dough
And, of course, they are really delicious. Nutty, with a crunch from peanuts and yoghurt adds the perfect creaminess. I love to roll them in desiccated coconut or crushed peanuts to give them a little more texture. As a result, the centre will be chewy and creamy and the outside will be crunchy which makes them absolutely irresistible! Did I mentioned as well that they remind me of raw peanut butter cookie dough?? but a million times better for you.
Ingredients and substitutions
- Protein Powder. Make sure that you use a protein powder that you actually like the taste of. I love Vanilla Protein powder from Garden of Life because it is made only with clean simple ingredients. But if you don’t have/don’t want to use protein powder, not to worry! For instance, you can substitute it with almond flour! Furthermore, for a nut-free option, you can use ground hemp, sesame or sunflower seeds.
- Peanut Butter. I use homemade crunchy peanut butter made only from peanuts. When choosing something in-store, pay attention to the ingredient list. Apart from peanuts, the only ingredient accepted by me is salt. For a nut-free option, you can use coconut or sunflower seeds butter.
- Greek Style Yoghurt. I used thick soy yoghurt as it has a little bit more protein. The other option that I love is coconut yoghurt which will lead to the creamier protein balls. Besides that, If you don’t have any yoghurt on hand, you can substitute it with mashed banana.
- Sweetener. I used maple syrup, but any sweetener will work. You can even skip it if you want to keep the recipe sugar-free. As protein powder is usually quite sweet, sometimes I omit the sweetener altogether. Just keep in mind that in this case, you will need to increase the amount of yoghurt. For a nut-free option, if you want to keep them sugar-free my best bet would be, to use stevia to sweeten them up.
Overall, protein energy balls are a great healthy vegan snack that will satisfy your sweet cravings and will keep your energy levels stable. Perfect pre or post-workout or as a mid afternoon pick me up!
4 ingredients no bake vegan protein balls
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- 1 heaped tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp greek style yoghurt (I used plant-based)
- 1 tbsp sweetener
- Add protein powder, sweetener, peanut butter to the bowl and stir together
- Add 1 tbsp of yoghurt and mix it together
- Check the consistency and add an extra 1/2-1 tbsp of yoghurt
- The dough should be quite sticky but you should be able to roll it into balls
- Coat the balls in desiccated coconut or crushed peanuts in desired
- Place them in the fridge to set