Nothing says fall better than a pumpkin! Following that idea, nothing fits better in the definition of delicious autumnal treat better than a pumpkin pie for me!
So without further adieu here I’m introducing individual pumpkin tarts with silky custard-like filling and melting in your mouth crust. They are so easy to prepare and will make everyone happy because you just made a huge effort and baked a treat that is vegan, gluten-free and paleo friendly! Yoy are a star!
Pumpkin custard tarts
For the crust
- 100 gr dates
- 100 gr almonds
- 100 gr water
- 30 gr coconut flour
- pinch of salt
For the cream:
- 350 gr roasted pumpkin
- 250 gr coconut milk
- 20 gr tapioca starch
- 30 gr maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Soak your dates in water from as little as 30 min to overnight.
- Blend till smooth paste formed, then add almonds, coconut flour and salt and continue pulsing till the dough forms a ball. Let it rest for 30 min.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Place equal pieces of dough into each of your baking molds(I used silicone). Form the tarts by pushing the dough to the edges of your molds and bake for 10 min or until golden brown.
- While shells are cooling prepare the filling by blending pumpkin with coconut milk, cinnamon and agave till completely smooth, then add tapioca starch and transfer to the pan, cook just till it starts to thicken, turn off the heat and let it sit for further 15 minutes.
- Release the shells from your baking molds and carefully fill with pumpkin custard.
- Sprinkle with extra cinnamon if desired and let it cool completely overnight.