Chocolate is magical. I said it lots of times and will say lots more because it’s true:) When you are happy you can celebrate with chocolate and when you upset chocolate can cheer you up and there is not a day to day problem that a brownie can’t solve:) Don’t you agree? Especially when they are healthy full of crunchy walnuts, melt in your mouth chocolate chips and topped with the fluffiest frosting and juicy blueberries.
Of course, you can skip the frosting and just serve straight from the oven or substitute it for chocolate ganache. I love them with a frothy cappuccino or just by themselves. Anyway, they are delicious.
Almond butter brownies
- 100 grams mashed banana
- 50 grams maple syrup
- 50 grams brown rice flour
- 80 grams almond butter
- 30 grams cacao powder
- 50 grams chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- 30 grams crushed walnuts
- 1 Flax egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
For the frosting
- 150 grams vanilla coconut yogurt
- 30 grams maple syrup
- Firstly mix 1 tbsp of flax meal and 3 tbsp of water, stir and let it sit to thicken up.
- Cream together almond butter, maple syrup, and mashed banana so it's as smooth as possible
- Sprinkle flour, cacao powder, salt and baking powder over. Follow by flax egg. Mix everything well together.
- Lastly add crushed walnuts and chocolate chips and pour the dough baking mold.
- Bake in preheated at 170 degrees oven for 30 minutes and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting simply cream together two ingredients, taste and adjust the sweetness if needed.