When I say our garden I mean my mothers garden in Russia but I still consider it mine even that I don’t live in Russia for quite some time now.
But never the less I had so much blackcurrant and so big(literally the size of the grape) that I couldn’t possibly eat on time for it still to stay fresh so the only choice was left for me is to bake!
So I came up with this apple and blackcurrant cake and oh boy… it’s delicious! It’s so aromatic, perfect balance sweet and tangy for me and juicy berries just burst in your mouth! The cake itself is light and airy and a great companion to a piping hot cup of tea!
Apple and blackcurrant cake
- 60 grams of rice flour
- 80 grams buckwheat flour
- 150 grams applesauce
- 120 grams almond milk
- 1 tbsp milled linseeds
- 50 grams coconut sugar
- 30 grams of coconut oil
- 1 tsp of cinnamon a pinch of cloves (optional)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Splash apple cider vinegar
- 100 grams of blackcurrant
- 2 medium apples or 5 small ones
- Mix flour, mulled linseeds, baking powder, coconut sugar, spices in the bowl. In another bowl combine almond milk, apple sauce, apple cider vinegar and coconut oil(make sure that everything is at the same temperature) whisk to combine.
- Pour liquid ingredients over dry and stir well. Lastly add blackcurrants and give it a final stir.
- Pour the cake batter into a cake tin and add sliced apples on top.
- Bake in preheated to 180 degrees oven for 35 minutes or till toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean