You can cook this Aubergine, tomato and chickpea traybake in under 30 minutes.
This aubergine, tomato and chickpea traybake is a super easy and quick midweek meal that takes less than 30 minutes. It’s boosting with flavour and nourishing ingredients and takes almost no effort to make.
Fuss free cooking and no dishes to wash after.
I love this kind of healthy dinners because they require only a handful of simple ingredients. And literally all you need to do is chop few veggies and dump everything in the baking tray. As a result we have delicious vegan dinner and no dishes to wash after!
It’s bursting with plant-protein, vitamins and antioxidants.
This aubergine, tomato and chickpea traybake is full of feel good ingredients that will nourish your body. Chickpeas provide plant-based protein and they are a source of vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin C, minerals and fiber. Aubergine or eggplant is good source of vitamins B1 and B6 and potassium. Together they create healthy and most important delicious vegan balanced dinner that you can whip up any day of the week.
Crispy chickpeas and charred veggies for ultimate healthy vegan traybake.
Cooking everything in the tray not only means that the only thing that we have to wash after is a chopping board and the knife!! but as well it helps to achieve the best flavour and texture balance.
The key for a speedy traybake is to spread everything evenly in the the single layer. This way veggies get nicely charred and chickpeas will become super crispy. And of course everything will cook much faster this way as well which is very important for midweek dinner!
Fresh herbs will add a hint of freshness and enhance the flavour.
I added a sprinkle of fresh basil just before serving. You can swap it for parsley or coriander if you prefer. To brighten up the taste even more you can serve it with a wedge of lemon and squeeze it just before eating.
Addition of avocado and sourdough for delicious brunch.
This aubergine and chickpea traybake is a delicious dinner but it is equally tasty brunch option in my opinion. I love to toast sourdough, add a dollop of hummus and creamy avocado slices and top it with crispy chickpeas and charred veggies. It’s so good!
Aubergine, tomato and chickpea traybake
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 aubergine
- 300 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 chili pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp Italian herbs
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- salt, pepper
- bunch of fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Drain and rinse the can of chickpeas
- Smash slightly the garlic cloves with the flat side of the knife
- To the tray add chopped aubergine, onion, halved cherry tomatoes, chilli pepper(keep seeds for hotter dish or remove them for more mild version), garlic cloves, rinsed chickpeas
- Sprinkle everything with spices, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Roast in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or till chickpeas are crispy and aubergine is cooked through and soft.
- Remove the the oven, transfer to the plate and sprinkle with basil leaves