As a vegan, I take my protein very seriously. Because plants get to offer so much! Just this plate has approximately 35 gr of protein which is amazing if you ask me and this is without even trying! And this assuming that you won’t eat all the aubergine shells in one sitting by yourself)) I had that temptation:)
But that’s, not all good news about this recipe that I have to tell you. You will be getting your daily dose of vitamin C, B1, B2, B6, Cooper, Manganese. And all just from one meal. Plants are awesome!
This is easy to throw together recipe, but a huge crowd pleaser. Soft aubergine shells filled with light and flavourful protein packed mushroom mouse, balanced and good for you.
I love to serve it warm, straight out of the oven with creamy avocado, fresh salad, and grains of some sort. So delicious everyone always asks for a second.
Aubergine with mushroom mousse
- 2 small aubergines
- 150 gr silken tofu
- 150 gr mushrooms
- 1 shallot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- pinch of cayenne
- pinch of salt
- Cut aubergines in half and scoop as much flesh as possible making sure to leave the skin intact so it would hold the filling.
- Saute mushrooms, aubergine flesh, finely chopped onion and garlic till slightly brown. Add spices and continue cook till fragrant, then remove from the heat immediately and transfer to your food processor alongside with tofu, nutritional yeast, and apple cider vinegar. Blend till completely smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Fill the aubergine boats with prepared mousse and bake for 25 minutes or till golden on top.