This Mediterranean vegan pasta consists of delicious gluten-free noodles and veggies – tossed in a creamy, light, feta sauce. It takes just about 5 minutes to make and is a hearty vegetarian dinner that your family will love!
After I did Vegan Baked Feta pasta I loved it so much I knew I had to make it again! But this time with a twist!
This version is so delicious. I used vegan feta, and when it melted in the oven, it created such a creamy, light cheesy sauce that coats pasta spirals and veggies perfectly, making it the ultimate comfort food.
It’s packed with veggies, and fragrant basil, which makes half of the dish and the other half is protein-packed buckwheat noodles. It’s really hearty but still light and healthy dinner that everyone will love!
You can customize this recipe using the veggies you have in your fridge. My other go-to veggies are zucchini, red pepper, artichokes hearts, or mushrooms! They are all completely interchangeable, allowing you to create a perfect meal that is tailored precisely to your taste. You can even swap basil for another herb, or as an option, you can use an extra sprinkle of dry basil!
Baked feta pasta Mediterranean style(vegan)
- 1 aubergine
- 1 red or green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- bunch of basil leaves
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tsp of Italian herbs
- salt pepper
- 200 grams of feta I used vegan feta
- 1 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp of toasted pine nuts
- pasta to serve
- Add basil leaves, smashed garlic cloves, chopped aubergine, green pepper to the baking tray and drizzle it with olive oil, sprinkle with 1 tsp of Italian herbs and season with salt and pepper
- Add feta on top and sprinkle it with more of Italian herbs
- Bake for 25 minutes in preheated to 200 C oven
- Remove from the oven, give it a stir
- Add cooked pasta and nutritional yeast, mix the pasta with the sauce
- Serve with toasted pine nuts and extra basil leaves