This vegan baked “feta” pasta is vegan and gluten-free. Using simple, plant-based ingredients this dish makes perfect satisfying lunch. It’s packed with plant-protein and perfectly cheesy while being dairy-free.
The TikTok famous recipe went so viral that Finland supposedly sold out feta cheese across all country. I never saw the same recipe replicated so many times across various social media platforms. So I had no choice; I definitely had to make this recipe vegan and gluten-free.
And this is the healthiest and the most straightforward recipe from all the vegan Viral Feta Pasta recipes out there. I used basil firm tofu because it’s flavourful and naturally high in protein ingredient, and to give it that cheesy vibe, I added lots of nutritional yeast.
Baking cherry tomatoes intensifies their natural sweetness and when your stir everything together they almost melt under the spoon leaving you with amazing sauce to coat your pasta!
To take it to the next level I added chilli sauce and it added a new depth of flavour and just the right amount of spice!
This recipe works well with brown rice penne, and it helps to make this dish gluten-free as well but of course, use your favourite pasta. The most important, enjoy! Life is better with good food!
Baked feta pasta Vegan
- 500 grams of cherry tomatoes
- 200 grams of basil tofu
- 2 garlic cloves
- bunch of basil leaves
- 2 tsp of mixed herbs
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 serving of cooked pasta
- 1 tbsp chilli paste mine is not hot. If yours is really hot adjust accordingly
- Smash garlic cloves and add them to the baking tray together with basil leaves, cherry tomatoes and block of firm tofu
- Drizzle everything with olive oil, sprinkle with herbs and season with salt and pepper
- Bake in preheated to 180 degrees oven for 25 minutes
- Remove from the oven and with a for,k crumble the tofu
- Mix everything
- Add the cooked pasta and stir, so the pasta gets coated with the sauce
- Serve with extra basil leaves