These Easy Vegan and Gluten-free Blueberry Pancakes are fluffy, super simple to throw together and high in plant protein and calcium! What more could you ask for from your breakfast?
Using this recipe, you can make fluffy and airy vegan blueberry pancakes, or in case if you can’t be bothered with staying near your pan, you can make blueberry oven pancake! It is so easy to do, and you just need 5 minutes to stir the ingredients together then pour it into the baking mold, place it in the oven and forget about it for 20 minutes! And here you have it thick and delicious giant pancake that will satisfy all your sweet craving in the morning:)
Of course, you can use your favourite berries instead of blueberries. Raspberries or blackberries work well or even chopped up apple! On the picture above, I added cranberries, and they gave such a nice tang which works perfectly in combination with creamy coconut yoghurt and a drizzle of sweet maple syrup!
I used both buckwheat flour as a base because I love the nutty flavor that it gives, and the addition of sesame flour boosts the calcium levels. But you can use almond flour instead of sesame or even swap it for buckwheat flour altogether, keep in mind that in this case, you may need to add less liquid. I would start with 180 grams of milk and gradually add more until the thick but pourable consistency is reached (see in the video).
I like to turn on the grill settings in my oven for last 2-3 minutes so the top gets nice and caramelised as well! It’s so good! you have to try it for yourself:)
It’s a great idea to make more than you intend to eat and freeze some for easy breakfasts for the workweek. When you are ready to eat just take it out of the freezer and reheat in the microwave(around 60-90 seconds) or the toaster oven for a few minutes. I love to serve them with extra blueberries and almond butter sauce(almond butter+maple+almond milk).
Blueberry oven pancake
- 240 grams of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp of flax meal
- 100 grams of buckwheat flour
- 50 grams of sesame flour
- 150 grams of blueberries
- 3 tbsp of sugar or alternative such a Zusto
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 of a medium banana
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Add dry ingredients to the bowl and stir together
- Pour over the milk constantly stirring so the smooth dough forms
- Mash half of the banana and add blueberries
- Lastly, squeeze the lemon juice and stir to combine
- Cook on the preheated pan on the both sides till golden
- For oven pancake
- Follow all the steps above but reserve 1 tbsp of sugar and 50 grams of blueberries
- for sprinkling on top
- Bake in preheated to 180 degrees oven for 20 minutes or till golden on top and toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean