I love making galettes because they are extremely easy to make and basically fool proof. You can use any seasonal fruits as well or just use whatever you have on hands. Another part that really attracts me is that I get so much more filling and beautiful caramelization on top is happening here. The thing that I always miss when making a pie.
Buckwheat flour works really well because it has a nutty taste and chia beautifully binds everything together. I recommend grinding your chia seeds in the coffee grinder for the best results. Both of these components are high in protein and nutritionally dense as well so who said that you can’t have dessert with benefits?:)))
For the crust
- 90 grams buckwheat flour
- 30 grams milled chia seeds
- 50 grams of banana
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- 3 tbsp of water
- pinch of salt
For the filling
- 2 peaches or fruits of your choice
- 3 plums or fruits of your choice
- 2 tbsp almond flour or tapioca flour
- 40 grams almonds
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Combine all the ingredients for the crust and keep forking it first with a fork then with your hands until everything comes together.
- Cover and let it sit for at least for 15 minutes so chia seeds have a chance to expand.
- Slice the fruits for filling(you can use any fruits that you prefer)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Roll your dough between two sheets of baking parchment.
- Remove the sheet from the top and sprinkle your dough with flour of your choice.
- Place your sliced fruits in the middle and drizzle them with maple syrup and sprinkle with nuts.
- Carefully lift the edges of the dough and fold it over the filling making pleats.
- Slide it into a tray together with baking parchment and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let it cool slightly before enjoying.