These butter cookies that are vegan and gluten-free! The same melt in your mouth feel and crispy edges but completely dairy-free! And the most amazing part is that you only need three main ingredients.
I decided to make them in a shape of little Christmas trees because it is a festive time after all and made them green by adding matcha powder. It is an entirely optional step, but I love matcha and subtle earthy note that it added.
For decoration purpose and to add an extra dimension to the flavour I drizzled cookies with melted coconut butter and sprinkle with coconut and colourful superfoods. They make the cutest and the most delicious table decoration if you are into festive vegan sweet treats.
Butter vegan matcha cookies
- 250 grams of flour gluten-free if needed
- 200 grams dairy-free butter or coconut oil
- 100 grams of coconut sugar or regular
- 1/2 tsp of matcha powder
- Pinch of vanilla seeds
- Pinch of salt
- In the food processor add coconut sugar and blend till it reassembles the powder
- Add all the other ingredients and process till everything is evenly incorporated
- It should stick together when pressed between your palms, if it is too crumbly add few tablespoons of milk(one at the time)
- Roll between 2 sheets of the parchment paper and cut out the trees with a cookie cutter
- Bake for 7-8 minutes in preheated to 180 degrees oven till the edges are golden brown
- Let it cool on the tray completely before removing.
- When cool drizzle with melted coconut butter and sprinkle with coconut if desired