This recipe is so wonderful because it taste like real dairy cheese. I usually don’t like to say that because it tends to get people expectations very high and often leads to disappointment. But everyone who tried it so far really loved it and confirmed my statement so I’m just going ahead with it:)
And as well it takes just about 10 minutes of your work, how cool is that? Yes, you have to wait for awhile but time flies so fast you wont even notice it. The only thing that will matter in the end that you left with creamy, tangy perfectly spreadable vegan cheese! Which is good for you as its source of protein, vitamin E and K just to name a few and probiotics so your stomach will love it as much as you do!
Cashew fermented cheese spreadable
- 160 grams cashews
- 160 grams water
- 1 tablespoon of liquid probiotic or content of 1 capsule
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- dry herbs of your choice dill, parsley, green onion in my case
- Soak the cashews overnight
- In the morning drain the water, rinse the cashews and blend them with 160 gr of water till completely smooth.
- Line the sieve with double layer of cheesecloth and place it on top of the bowl.
- Pour the cashew mixture over the cheesecloth, cover with a loose corner and let it sit for 24 hours.
- After time is up remove your cheese, discard any liquid in the bowl.
- Mix the cheese with salt and nutritional yeast.
- Cut the square piece from the plastic wrap. Spread the herbs over it and spoon the cashew mixture on top, bring together corners of the wrap and twist till you warm a ball.
- Let it firm up in the fridge preferable overnight.