This comes so handy when you need something quick, delicious and comforting!
Its packed with veggies and plant protein from chickpeas, mushrooms, and hemp seeds so it will satisfy you and keep full for longer. There are so many different textures as well. Creaminess from the sauce, nice bite from the pasta, soft and flavourful carrots and mushrooms and juicy tomatoes!
I used sweet chili sauce as it adds a light kick and subtle sweetness but feel free to leave it out and add maybe a pinch or two of cayenne and coconut sugar if you are fancy.
Chickpea pasta with a creamy sauce
- 50 grams chickpea pasta
- 1 small carrot
- 100 grams mushrooms
- 50 grams cherry tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
For the sauce
- 2 tbsp coconut yogurt
- 2 tbsp chopped sundried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 garlic powder
- 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce optional
- While pasta is boiling
- Preheat the pan to the medium heat and add a splash of natural oil(I use almond) follow by chopped mushrooms and carrots, let it cook 3 minutes without disturbing or until you see some color is developing.
- Add a finely minced clove of garlic and half a teaspoon of dried thyme to the pan and stir the veggies. Sprinkle sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper on top and let it cook for additional 5 minutes.
- Your pasta should be ready by now, drain it and start preparing the sauce by mixing 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce, 2 tbsp coconut yogurt, 2 tbs finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes, a pinch of garlic powder, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar, 2 tbsp nutritional yeast, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir half of the veggies in the sauce.
- Add pasta to the plate and dollop of the sauce on top. Stir well, topped with sliced tomatoes and mushrooms with carrots. Sprinkle with hemp seeds and basil leaves. Serve straight away