With mother day fast approaching in case you still need an easy and super delicious treat I have here little chocolate cakes for you! Thea are fudgy, sweet, so fragrant from the orange zest and with a tang of blackcurrant! Of course, you can use any berry that you like raspberry or blueberry would taste amazing as well!
Before presenting I sliced mine in half and turned the berry side up so it turned into jam layer, less messy to eat with your hands and so delicious can we just appreciate sugar free no fuss jam making 🙂 And for dazzling presentation I added fresh coconut shavings, crushed pistachio and drizzle them with chocolate but you choose how to decorate your cakes. But in my opinion, extra chocolate is always a good idea/ obligatory element:)
And if you know me and my huge sweet tooth, you as well already know by now that I always try to add veggies to my desserts so I feel more balanced. And I’m so excited for this recipe because it has hidden cauliflower that you will never know that its there. It just helps with that fudgy texture and replacing the oil in this cakes! Fussy eaters approved including 11 and 3 years old:)
Chocolate and blackcurrant cakes
- 50 grams oat flour
- 20 grams cacao powder
- 20 grams almond flour
- 15 grams flax meal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 70 grams steamed cauliflower
- 100 grams soya milk
- tbsp of orange juice and zest from an orange
- 2 tbsp powdered stevia or 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 100 gr Blackcurrant
- Mix first 5 ingredients well
- Blend steamed cauliflower with soya milk, orange zest, stevia, salt and juice from the orange. Pour it over your dry ingredients and sit to incorporate
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Place your blackcurrants on the bottom of the baking tin or individual tins and cover with cake batter.
- Bake for 15 minutes or till toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it cool for 15 minutes before removing the molds.
- Before serving I sliced them in half and turned bottom layer upside-down so the berries end up on the middle