Classics exist for a reason right? And in my soul peanut butter is just better paired with chocolate.
To be honest, everything is better when paired with chocolate in my opinion:)
These cakes are a perfect little treat and you can make them two ways! Bake them all the way through and they will have a soft scoop of peanut butter in the middle that partly been absorbed in the bottom of the cake making in extra deliciously nutty or you can bake them briefly and the filling will just ooze out when cutting through sort of like peanut butter lava cakes!
The world is your oyster and just you will decide how you like your peanut butter filling!
Chocolate cakes with soft peanut butter centre
- 30 grams peanut butter
- 35 grams peanut flour
- 10 grams cacao powder
- 80 grams almond milk
- 30 grams maple syrup
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
For the filling
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Mix all the ingredients for the filling and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Combine all the dry ingredients, pour maple syrup over mix to combine and slowly add almond milk stirring until the mixture is homogenous.
- Lastly, add apple cider vinegar to the dough, mix just until it starts to puff up slightly and immediately start filling your cupcake cases till 1/3 of the height.
- Place a tablespoon of the filling in the each of them and cover with the rest of the dough.
- Bake in oven for 7 minutes for lava cake and 15 minutes for baked through cake.