I’m a big fan of chocolate if you haven’t noticed yet:) And been craving delicious plant-based cookies so bad lately. I used roasted almond butter for a deeper richer taste here and toast hazelnuts briefly which gives it another dimension but you can use any nuts that you like and as many chocolate chunks as you want to staff them. I really wish that you can give them a try.
These cookies are so moreish, soft, fudgy and absolutely irresistible. Warm out of the oven gooey chocolate, crunchy nuts and cold glass of almond milk, absolutely heavenly!
If you are looking for more healthy cookie recipes have a look at my youtube channel
Chocolate chunk paleo cookies
- 70 grams almond flour
- 60 grams almond butter
- 30 grams cacao powder
- 60 grams soft dates
- 50 grams chopped dark chocolate
- 30 grams chopped hazelnuts
- 1 flax egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Firstly make a flax egg by mixing 1 tbsp of flax and 2 tbsp of water, set aside to thicken
- Mash the dates with a fork.
- Note: If your dates aren’t soft, you need to soak them in boiling water for 10-15 minutes
- Combine the rest of the ingredients and roll the cookies between your palms, flatten slightly and bake in preheated to 180 degrees oven for 9 minutes.
- Enjoy straight away or let them cool