Chocolate and hazelnut is a combo made in heaven and my all-time favourites! I wanted to create a cake that will combine these two superstars and of course it had to be vegan and gluten-free.
It is such a simple recipe and you only need one bowl to make it and as a result, you will get this fudge chocolatey loaf with crunchy hazelnuts. And to take it over the top I like to sprinkle it with chopped chocolate while it still warm. Chocolate will melt almost instantly and create this magic snappy shell when it will cool down.
I used quinoa flour because it has a higher protein content but you can easily use oat flour instead. And the best way to get the oat flour is to take whole oats and grind them yourself using the food processor. This way you will get the freshest flour the most inexpensive way!
CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT CAKE VEGAN AND GLUTEN-FREE
- 2 tbsp of milled flax seeds
- 200 grams of coffee
- 80 grams of oat flour
- 130 grams of quinoa flour or more oat flour
- 60 grams of cacao powder
- 150 grams of coconut oil
- 150 grams of maple syrup
- 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 80 grams of hazelnuts
- extra chocolate chips for the top optional
- pinch of salt
- Add flax meal and coffee in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Follow with flour mix, pinch of salt and cacao powder
- Stir together
- Pour over coconut oil and maple syrup, stir to combine.
- Lastly add apple cider vinegar, baking soda and hazelnuts.
- Stir everything together and transfer into a baking tin lined with parchment
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or toothpick inserted into a centre comes out clean.