I’m coming to you with chocolate once again!
Because I simply don’t believe that there is ever a situation where could be too much chocolate.
At least not on the planet where I live… And this time it’s a protein bar which is super nutritious since it’s made with an incredible pomegranate protein extra high in antioxidants and it even has a hidden vegetable inside that no one will guess if you don’t say yourself. Overall it tastes like a treat with airy texture, crunch from almonds and soft banana baked in the middle. If I feel extra decadent I like to drizzle them with homemade mylk chocolate(you can use dark variety or anything that you like).
It’s so good to have on hands to snack through the day or to recover after gym. Hope you like it as much as I do!
Chocolate protein bars
- 150 grams cooked beetroot
- 50 grams almond butter
- 40 grams protein powder
- 60 grams buckwheat flour
- 20 grams cacao powder
- 150 grams vegan yogurt
- 1 tbsp flax add 3 tablespoons of water to make a flax egg
- 30 grams coconut nectar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 40 grams hopped almonds optional
- 1 sliced banana optional
- chocolate to drizzle optional
- On the food processor combine almond butter, beetroot, and yogurt and blend until completely smooth.
- Then add protein powder, buckwheat, cacao, flax egg and coconut nectar and stir to combine. Taste and adjust sweetness level if needed by adding more nectar or stevia. Lastly, sprinkle baking powder on top and mix just till you no longer see it.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Pour the preparaed dough into your baking tin lined with baking parchment, slice a banana on top and sprinkle with chopped almonds if desired. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool for 15 minutes then remove from the tin, cut into the bars of the desired size and drizzle with chocolate