I truly cant believe that its almost Christmas! For some reason this magical time of the year just magically appeared in front on my doorsteps this year but when I finally realised I was rather quick to whip up this “sugar” cookies and let my imagination run wild while I was decorating them! I had so much fun doing so and I hope you can bake a batch for yourself, make your house smell like a dream and remind yourself how wonderful is the process of painting white icing on the plain cookie!
- 30 gr coconut oil melted
- 15 gr flax meal
- 30 gr coconut milk
- 50 gr oat flour
- 25 gr coconut flour
For the icing
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- stevia or coconut nectar to sweeten
- 3-4 tablespoons hot coconut or almond milk
- beetroot or raspberry powder optional
- Mix coconut milk and flax meal in a bowl set aside for 15 minutes.
- After time is up add the rest of the ingredients and mix with a spin till everything is evenly incorporated. You can go in with your hands at the end if it’s easier.
- Transfer the dough to your baking mat, place a baking parchment on top and roll into 1/4 inch thick rectangular. Remove baking parchment and cut with your favourite cookie cutters. Carefully scrape the rest of the dough between them and repeat the process on another baking mat till you used all of the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and bake for 12-15 minutes or till the edges just start to brown. Allow to cool completely on the mat and decorate if desired.
- !For the icing
- Hit your plant based milk and start adding to coconut butter mixed sweetener of your choice spoon by spoon till its pourable consistency.
Mix the other half of the icing with colouring of your choice and repeat the process.