These waffles are perfect quick breakfast for a weekend and definitely a hit at this time of the year!
They are perfectly crispy yet soft in the middle, will fill you up with long-lasting energy and elevate your mood because a) its chocolate and it stimulates the production of endorphins and b) after eating something so delicious you cant be blue.
In the matter of fact, you can be any color of the rainbow that you want, but please not blue… pink is a good choice… just saying… I know that it’s not technically in the rainbow but after eating this kinda breakfast I always fill that I can change the world!
Christmas spice chocolate waffles
- 15 grams cacao powder
- 50 grams chickpea flour
- 100 grams mashed banana or pumpkin
- 10 grams chia seeds
- 30 grams maple syrup
- 50 grams almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/5 tsp nutmeg
- zest of 1 orange and juice from 1/4 of orange or splash apple cider vinegar to activate the baking powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- In the blender combine all the ingredients except baking powder and blend until homogenous. Leave to sit for 15-20 minutes for chia to activate.
- Preheat your waffle maker and stir baking powder in when ready to bake.
- Fill your waffle maker with enough batter and let it cook according to the instructions(mine takes 7 min)
- Serve straight away