There is something so cosy and holidays like about the aroma of cinnamon. It is the smell that brings everyone together in my house and there is no better activity than pour a cup of tea and enjoy warm cinnamon roll straight out of the oven.
I love this recipe because it is paleo and vegan so it can bring more people closer because everyone can enjoy it. The roll itself is very soft and yummy and the filling is so nice and jammy. They are quite light as well comparing to original cinnamon rolls so I often eat them for breakfast and it feels like such a special beginning of the day. The thing that I love to do is to warm them up slightly while I’m getting ready and it brings up the best in them.
Hope you have the holiday’s mood already and I wish you a wonderful beginning of the day.
Cinnamon apple rolls
- 150 grams apple sauce
- 30 grams melted coconut oil
- 60 grams maple syrup
- 20 grams milled linseeds
- 30 grams coconut flour
- 50 grams almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
For the filling
- 80 grams apple sauce
- 2 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- Combine all the ingredients for the dough, it should be slightly sticky but quite pleasant to touch(if feels too wet add little bit more almond flour, if too dry spoonful of water)
- Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes, preferable for half an hour.
- Roll it between two sheets of parchment paper to 1/4 of an inch thickness, peel off the top layer then place it back on top and flip the dough on that parchment sheet. Peel off the top layer again(this process will insure that the dough won’t stick)
- Spread the apple sauce on top, sprinkle cinnamon and coconut sugar over and carefully roll it, trying to keep it quite tight.
- Cut the log with the sharp knife and place rolls inside the muffin tins or simply on the tray leaving 1/2 inch between them.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 30 minutes.