These are 2 ingredients coconut shells that are extremely delicious and easy to make. You can keep tarts raw by dehydrating them overnight or bake them as a faster option and as well it caramelizes bananas and intensifies the flavor!
As well it’s a perfect recipe to get creative with! you can swap part of banana for berries and get the berry flavor or you can add a tablespoon of cacao and coconut sugar and get chocolate tarts. Here you are just limited by your imagination!
I love to fill them with coconut yogurt as it complements shells perfectly and garnish them with berries and coconut flakes/baby coconuts (can be hard to find and pricey but of so adorable) They work perfectly for brunch if you ever want to host one and never fail to impress!
Coconut breakfast tarts
- 50 grams coconut flakes
- 120 grams banana mashed
- vegan yogurt for filling
- berries to decorate
- vanilla seeds from vanilla pod optional
- Mash banana with a fork and stir in coconut flakes and vanilla seeds if using
- Gently press the dough into your prepared tart tins and bake in preheated to 180 degrees oven for 10 minutes.
- Let them cool slightly before removing from the tins
- Fill with the yogurt of your choice and garnish with berries