This dip is so silky smooth and delicious and probably the nicest alternative to hummus that I have ever tried. It is high in protein and from start to finish takes less than 20 minutes to do.
No need for soaking chickpeas and peeling them… literally who has the patience for it?? This dip becomes ridiculously creamy within seconds of blending due to the softer nature of red lentils. And it is packed with goodness!
I used our golden helper also know as turmeric and a pinch of black pepper to activate his superpowers. But ginger works beautifully here as well and you can definitely play around with your favourite spices! I bet teaspoon of curry powder would be an amazing addition!
I love it for dipping, spreading or eating by spoon because it is so good!
Creamy lentil dip
- 1/2 cup of dry red lentils
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 1 tsp of veggie stock
- 2 tbsp of tahini
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- Rinse lentils and combine them with water and veggie stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes or till soft and creamy
- In the blender combine them with the rest of the ingredients and blend till smooth
- Place in the fridge to cool completely and for all flavours to marry
- Before serving add a drizzle of olive oil and optionally sprinkle sumac or pomegranate powder:)