This pasta is like a warm hug to a belly! Flavourful, delicious and so comforting. I feel like thyme, mushrooms and lemon zest work in such a symphony I’m using gluten-free brown rice pasta here because I love the texture and the taste of it but you can use of course any pasta that you wish.
I used here the method to reduce the amount of oil as well the trick is to cook on the very high heat stirring constantly so nothing sticks. This way you develop caramelisation quickly and boost the flavour. The minimum oil that I added is simply for flavouring the dish and be sure to reduce the heat before you will do that and let pan to cool off slightly so oil doesn’t burn immediately. But this is the wonderful way to impact the flavour without adding more calories then you need.
Creamy mushroom pasta
- 50 grams gluten free pasta or pasta of your choice
- 100 grams chestnut mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 shallot
- Few sprigs of thyme
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 100 grams oat cream soya will work as well
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Boil silted water and cook your pasta according the instructions
- Meanwhile preheat the dry pan in the high heat and slice all the mushrooms, transfer them to the pan add a pinch of salt and stirring constantly, cook till they start to brown(about 2 minutes), add thinly sliced shallot, reduce the heat to the medium, continue stirring for another minute, then add your olive oil, minced garlic, thyme, chilli flakes and stir everything together, cook till fragrant
- Your pasta should be done by now, drain it reserving part of the cooking water.
- Add cooked pasta to the pan with mushrooms, pour the cream on top, stir well. If feels too dry add a splash of cooking water. Allow to warm through, finally add lemon juice and zest and nutritional yeast. Check for seasonings and serve straight away.