Creamy vegan parsnip soup that is super healthy and good for you!
This soup is made with roasted vegetables that bring lots of flavour. And then I blend it with coconut milk to make it extra creamy. I roast chickpeas in the oven at the same time as I roast veggies and using similar spices(this makes the whole process so easy and straightforward).
You can use crunchy chickpeas not only for a topping of this soup, which is delicious. But they are great in salads or simply eaten as a snack as well.
I have chosen parsnips as my main ingredient for this soup but you can replace it entirely with carrot or even pumpkin if you are fancy. As well if you aren’t a huge fan of coconut milk like I recommend using cashew cream. I tried both options and they are equally delicious. Depending on how thick you want the soup you can regulate the amount of liquid that you add, just keep in mind that the soup will become thicker after it cools in the fridge.
To top my soup I used those roasted chickpeas, little stars that I cut out from the gluten-free crackers(recipe coming soon), omega boosting seed mix, a good drizzle of olive oil and freshly cracked black pepper.
This is definitely a delicious, nourishing meal that takes minutes to put together and it can warm you up and make you feel so good. A perfect recipe to try this Veganuary 2021.
- 3 medium parsnips
- 1 carrot
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic gloves
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 tbsp of sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 tbsp of maple syrup
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp ready made el hanout spice blend
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 400 gr of coconut milk or any creamer that you like
Ras el hanout seasoning
- 1 tsp of ground coriander
- 1 tsp of sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp of allspice
- Cut veggies into equal pieces and arrange them on the single layer on the tray
- Drain the chickpeas and pat dry them with a paper towel, transfer them to the tray as well
- Sprinkle with 1/2 tbsp ras el hanout spice blend, sesame seeds, 1tbsp of olive oil, 1 tsp of maple syrup and pinch of salt
- Toss to combine
- Use the rest of the spice blend, olive oil, maple syrup and pinch of salt over the veggies and roast in preheated to 180 degrees oven for 25-35 minutes or till chickpeas are golden brown and veggies are soft and caramelised
- Transfer veggies, coconut milk and lemon juice to the blender and blend till smooth
- Taste and adjust seasonings if needed
- Top with crispy chickpeas