5 ingredients delicious roasted tomato cheesy pasta in under 30 minutes
This amazing roasted tomato cheesy pasta is a healthy, simple, and delicious mid-week meal. Moreover, you only need five simple ingredients and less than 30 minutes of your time to cook this tasty homemade meal from scratch! You can make this recipe vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free easy!
This roasted tomato pasta is the perfect meal when you have ‘nothing in the house’
Moreover, it is extremely easy to make this pasta from scratch with minimal effort from your side. And very likely you already have all the ingredients for this delicious roasted tomato sauce in your cupboard. It’s truly a great meal for when you have ‘nothing in the house’ that vegans and omnivores alike will enjoy.
Ingredients and substitutions
Let’s go through this simple ingredients list for this dish very quick.
- First of all, of course, pasta! I use gluten-free most of the time, and sometimes I swap it entirely for zoodles( noodles made from zucchini) for a lighter dinner that is naturally gluten-free and low carb.
- The second and last necessary ingredient is cherry tomatoes. Without them would be pretty challenging to make a tomato-based sauce:) If you don’t have fresh tomatoes in the house, though, you can use the canned variety. It is an option; however, using fresh cherry tomatoes will boost the flavour dramatically!
- Then we have cream cheese as an ingredient. Use regular variety for vegetarian option or vegan to keep this recipe plant-based and dairy-free. Although I love how creamy the sauce gets when we add cream cheese, you can replace it with a drizzle of olive oil if you prefer. To make the sauce taste cheesy, you can add nutritional yeast if you have them and/or sprinkle of parmesan just before serving.
- The fourth ingredient is basil. I have a plant on my window seal, so I always have it on hands. But you can use dry basil in this recipe just as effectively. As another option, you can make this roasted tomato sauce with any herb that you have access to( parsley, cilantro work great). In the same way, you can use Italian dry herbs or Herbes de Provence.
- Lastly, we need garlic powder. Without a doubt, you can use whole garlic cloves and add them with skin on along with tomatoes. In this case scenario, you will need to peel and mash them before adding the pasta to the tomato sauce.
Nutritious, light and satisfying vegan dinner
In conclusion, this roasted tomato sauce is so flavourful and so versatile. You can choose to use it with your favourite pasta, zoodles or simply pair it with the grilled veggies for a lighter meal. It is going to be epic anyway. And so much more delicious and nutritious than any store-bought pasta sauce. To keep it dairy-free and vegan you only need to use vegan cream cheese. I have a recipe for 1 ingredient nut-free vegan ricotta here if you are interested. Or there are so many delicious vegan cream cheese options now on the market. Simply take your pick!
When you can cook delicious plant-based meals at home in a matter of minutes it is so much easier and so much more fun to live a happy healthy life. This kind of dinners definitely always big hit in my house and the best thing that all the family members can enjoy it no matter if they are vegan, plant-based, gluten-free or simply love good food!
Easy Roasted Cherry Tomato Cheesy Vegan Pasta(5 ingredients)
- 400 g cherry tomatoes
- 100 g cream cheese (vegan if necessary)
- big bunch of basil leaves
- 140 g pasta (I used gluten-free)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes.
- To the ovenproof dish to the bottom add basil leaves(leave some to sprinkle on top if desired), dollops of cream cheese (I prefer to spread it through the dish rather than adding it in one block), sprinkle with garlic powder, season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the dish with foil and place in the oven for 25 minutes (optionally remove foil for the last 5 minutes so tomatoes can caramelise)
- Meanwhile, bring the pot of salted water to boil and add the pasta of your choice.
- Cook according to the instructions on the back of the pasta bag.
- After 25 minutes remove the dish with cherry tomatoes and add cooked pasta directly to the dish.
- Stir to combine.
- Try and adjust seasonings if needed, serve straight away with extra basil leaves.