These easy vegan sticky buns are so delicious! You only need 5 ingredients to make them. Dairy-free, vegan, easy to make.
I love baking. I find the whole process so relaxing. Not only it’s magical to see the dough rising, but in the end, you are left with a delicious treat. The best thing is that this recipe for vegan sticky buns is so easy. You can make them in under 2 hours with minimal effort from your side.
What you need to do
- Mix all the ingredients and knead the dough for a couple of minutes
- Cover and let the dough to rise for about an hour
- Press it down and roll the dough
- Form the buns
- Allow them to rise while the oven is preheating
- Brush them with the glaze and bake!
This recipe for vegan sticky buns is foolproof. Moreover, you don’t need any equipment and since the dough only needs to rise once it cuts back a lot on time. The result is soft, tender, fluffy buns with a delicious sticky glaze.
5 ingredients that you need to make easy vegan sticky buns
You only need 5 simple ingredients to make these vegan sticky buns. Here is what you will need
- Flour (regular or gluten-free if needed)
- Plant-based milk
- Sweet condensed milk( I used oat-based)
- Neutral oil
- Active yeast
To make the glaze I simply mix a little bit of condensed milk with warm water. The thinner consistency makes it easier to brush the buns and coat them evenly.
You can shape the buns however you like. Leave them round, make little rolls or even fill them with chocolate! The world is your oyster:) I decided to give them a ‘twisted’ look which is so easy to achieve! You can see exactly how I formed them in the video below.
Lastly, what I wanted to mention.
These vegan sticky buns will bake in a flash! And since the baking time depends on your oven and the size of the buns keep a close eye on them after around 12 minutes. They are done when they are golden brown on top and underneath and smell amazing.
Easy vegan sticky buns
- 300 gr of flour
- 120 gr of @naturescharm sweet condensed milk plus more for brushing
- 100 gr of milk
- 7 gr of active yeast
- 50 gr of neutral oil
- Mix yeast with a couple of tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk and warm milk.
- Allow yeast to activate(it should become bubbly)
- Add the rest of the ingredients and knead till the smooth dough forms(about 5 minutes)
- Cover the dough and let it double in size
- Form the buns as shown in the video or use your favourite technique
- Brush them lightly with warmed condensed milk(I like to make it slightly thinner with a couple of tablespoons of water)
- Let the buns rise while the oven is preheated to 180 degrees Celsius
- When the oven is hot, place the tray with the buns in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.