Easy delicious vegan strawberry galette with a buttery crust and seasonal berries. Moreover, it is gluten-free, healthy, and so quick and simple to make. Lower in sugar than most of the desserts as well. Serve it with coconut whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for an ultimate summer treat.
I love celebrating seasonal berries with healthy and delicious recipes! This easy vegan strawberry galette is a perfect example. It takes around ten minutes to make, resulting in a really tasty, healthy summer treat. Optionally, if you have some other berries lying around, you can easily swap strawberries with blueberries.
What flour to use for the dough
I love using combination of buckwheat and oat flour here for several reasons
- Both of them are gluten-free
- Buckwheat flour is higher in plant protein and has a delicious nutty flavour
- Oat flour has better binding abilities, and oats are delicious in any form or shape
I only added two tablespoons of maple syrup to the dough of this strawberry galette to let the strawberries really shine through. When they are in season, they are naturally so sweet and delicious! In my opinion, it is always a pity to draw them in sugar. I love making my desserts on the healthier side but always still sweet and delicious.
How to make vegan strawberry galette
It is ridiculously easy to make this vegan strawberry galette at home. To make it, firstly mix all the ingredients for the dough and let it rest for 10 minutes. Secondly, slice your strawberries. And you are pretty much good to go! Roll the dough into an oval shape ( it shouldn’t be too crumbly or too wet. If it crumbles too much, you can add a tablespoon of ice-cold water, if it sticks to the surface, sprinkle the dough with buckwheat flour). Lastly, arrange sliced strawberries in the oval centre, leaving around an inch of the dough free. Gentle flip the edges pressing it down slightly, and you are ready to bake!
Easy vegan strawberry galette/gluten-free
For the dough
- 50 gr buckwheat flour
- 30 gr oat flour
- 30 gr coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp ice-cold water if needed
For the filling
- 150 gr strawberries
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dough. the dough should come together easily in a ball. If it looks too dry add 1 tbsp of ice-cold water, if it sticks to your hands add a bit more flour.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice the strawberries and drizzle them with maple syrup.
- Roll the dough on top of the parchment paper into a circle
- Arrange the strawberries in the middle leaving about 1,5 inch border around. Gently fold the edges of the dough over the fruit and press to seal.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until the crust is golden brown.