These vegan mushroom filo parcels look so cute on the table, and they are so flavoursome. I packed lots of goodness in, and it has a fantastic mix of textures as well. We are starting with crispy filo, then cut into a meaty mushroom and it topped with a sweet and slightly tangy mix of roasted parsnips and cranberries with a crunch from almonds… so good!
This is a perfect mushroom dish to try this holiday or when you want to treat yourself and your loved ones to something a little bit more special. But the thing that I probably love the most about these filo parcels is that they are so easy to prepare, and I find the process of wrapping the filling into filo pastry to be so relaxing, and it is so much fun to see them coming together.
I love to serve these mushroom panels as my main dish and accompany them with creamy sauce and extra roasted veggies. This dish is approved by lots of vegan and non-vegan friends; filo just gets irresistibly crunchy, it is impossible to say no:)
And it is so easy to prepare all the components in advance so on the day when you need to present these filo parcels you will have to simply wrap mushrooms and mixed veggies in filo which takes 10 minutes top!
Filo mushroom parcels
- 5 big chestnut mushrooms
- 2 small parsnips
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 40 grams of cranberries
- 50 grams of almonds
- 3 springs of rosemary
- 1 tbsp of pomegranate molasses
- 2 tbsp of olive oil+ extra for brushing
- 5 filo pastry sh
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms
- Season well with salt and pepper and sprinkle with finely chopped garlic, drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Chop mushroom stems and add them to the tray
- Chop parsnips and onion into small pieces and together with cranberries add to the tray, drizzle them with pomegranate molasses And olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and add leaves from the rosemary to the tray.
- Toss to combine.
- Roast for 10 minutes, then add chopped almonds and roast for 10 more minutes.
- Cut the filo pastry sheet into halves and one half into half again.
- Take two filo squares, brush with olive oil and arrange on an angle.
- Place mushroom in the middle, add a spoonful of the filling.
- Pinch the edges together and wrap the other half of the sheet around, brush lightly with olive oil for it to crisp up.
- Repeat with the rest of the mushrooms.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 180 degrees or till golden brown.