BBQ jackfruit pizza is a healthy, delicious vegan and gluten-free meal. Moreover, it is super satisfying, easy and quick to make. Without a doubt, this vegan pizza tastes incredible, and the texture of bbq jackfruit is spot on. As well my thin and crispy vegan and gluten-free crust is just perfect for supporting all the delicious toppings.
I love thin and crispy crust in a pizza. So I wanted to make a light and delicate crust that still would support all the toppings and would crisp up nicely. In addition, I decided to stuff the crust with vegan cheese. Because… Do I even have to justify it? Can someone dislike melted cheese?
This BBQ jackfruit pizza is perfect comfort food on the one hand. On the other hand, it is a delicious summer meal. I’m saying that because this bbq pizza is satisfying but light, and it’s healthier and better for you than most of the alternatives.
The flavours here are smoky, tender and sweet toppings and slightly flakey chewy thin crust stuffed with cheese. So good!
I love using coating jackfruit in Bbq sauce as I think it is a match made in heaven. Jackfruit has a great texture, but when it comes to flavour, it is pretty neutral. So BBQ sauce can add so much depth of flavour.
I love a lot of sauce on my pizza, so I went heavier than most people would. As I mentioned, earlier this pizza crust can support it well. So why wouldn’t I add more sauce? But of course, you can add less sauce based on your preferences.
Towards other options for toppings, you can go as wild as you want. I love my BBQ jackfruit pizza with sweetcorn and sliced zucchini. But other delicious options would be
- Red onion
To save time, I used ready jackfruit in bbq sauce. Alternatively, you can get jackfruit in water and just add ready-made or homemade BBQ sauce to cover it. In this case, I would recommend shredding the jackfruit before adding it to the pizza. The thinner jackfruits shreds are, the crispier it can get, and it will be more tender as well.
Overall, this BBQ jackfruit pizza is great for picnics, barbecues, weekend and weeknight dinners. It took me less than 30 minutes to make it. This pizza recipe is handy when you want delicious food but don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen. Finally, it is a vegan, gluten-free, but most importantly tasty and good for you meal that you can easily share with your loved ones.
Vegan and gluten-free BBQ jackfruit pizza
- 120 gr self-raising gf flour
- 30 gr tapioca starch or extra 30 gr of gf flour
- 120 greek style yoghurt
- 1 olive oil
For the toppings
- 1/3 can BBQ jackfruit 70 gr with sauce included
- 3 tbsp sweet corn
- 1/3 zucchini small
- 50 gr vegan cheese
- Mix all the ingredients for the dough(if looks too dry add a little bit more olive oil of yoghurt, if looks too wet add more flour)
- Roll out the dough until roughly 2mm thick
- Arrange the grated cheese around the edges of the dough and gently flip the edges towards the middle of the flatbread
- Mix Bbq jackfruit with lime juice and spread evenly on top of the dough
- Sprinkle the corn and arrange the zucchini slices on top of the bbq jackfruit
- Bake in preheated to 200 C oven for 20 minutes or till the edges are golden brown