This soup is perfect when you are feeling under the weather or want to boost your immune system since it’s packed with goodness and fill hydrate you while garlic, shallot, and rosemary have antibacterial properties and can help reduce inflammation and finally apple cider vinegar is a source of probiotics and flax oil for healthy omega 3! So as I said earlier only the good stuff in there!
But as healthy as it is, this soup is so delicious as well. Creamy and very flavorsome! If you are filling adventurous you can add green chili with the seeds in before blending and it will be fairy metabolism booster as well.
I love to top it with crunchy seeds and nuts as well as crispy kale and activated buckwheat as I feel that it compliments the silky texture perfectly and somehow works as croutons for me but chopped tofu would be perfect topping as well and it will increase protein content as well:)
Green detox soup
- 200 grams spinach
- 1 courgette
- 1/2 of small avocado
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 rosemary sprig stalk removed
- 1 tablespoon linseed oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 shallot
- 1 glove garlic
- Salt to taste
- 1/2-1 cup ight coconut milk to thin or water
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast optional
- Roughly chop the courgette and shallot, remove the leaves from rosemary sprig and combine in the blender with the rest of the ingredients and 1/2 cup of liquid to start with.
- Blend on high until completely smooth.
- Taste, adjust seasonings and thin it out more if needed.
- Continue blending till warm or transfer to a saucepan and warm up gently over low hit.
- Serve with your favorite toppings