What says holidays better than chocolate? And range just goes hand in hand with this season as well and if you add tossed hazelnuts you got yourself a fantastic combo!
These cookies are high in protein, soft, fudgy yet light with crunchy hazelnuts and zing from orange zest! so hard to stop yourself after one… But good new you don’t have to! They a vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar-free so if this is not an excuse to indulge a little I don’t know what is.
And just always remember you are the best and so worth another cookie or a whole bunch if it will make you happy;)
Hazelnut chocolate cookies
- 50 grams buckwheat flour
- 60 grams cooked chickpeas
- 30 grams cacao powder
- 50 grams coconut sugar
- 20 grams cacao butter melted or coconut oil
- 130 grams aquafaba
- 10 grams chia seeds
- 50 grams hazelnuts
- zest and juice from 1/2 orange
- Place the hazelnuts in the preheated to 180 degrees oven for 10 min to toast them slightly.
- Then take them off, rub between two clean tea towels to remove the skins and chop them roughly.
- In the food processor combine the rest of the ingredients and blend on high till completely smooth, stir in hazelnuts and chill for 30 min in the fridge.
- After the time is up take it out and form cookies, bake for 12-15 minutes and let it cool down on the tray before removing.