This is one of my favourite summer treats! It takes 5 minutes to make and as a result, you have completely natural one-ingredient ice cream covered in creamy peanut butter glaze with a snappy chocolate coating!
You can, of course, use any nut butter for the glaze and you can make it sugar-free if you prefer by using xylitol or stevia to sweeten it! Double glaze definitely elevates this dessert bringing a new level of creaminess and it works so well with a chocolate coating.
I love to add nuts and chopped chocolate on top first of all to make them look pretty and second to add a new flavour and texture to this dessert! The only thing that you need to remember is that you need to work fast, as the chocolate hardens withing seconds on the frozen bananas!
Healthy banana popsicles with peanut butter glaze
- 2 medium bananas
- 30 grams peanut butter
- 30 grams coconut cream
- 40 grams of coconut milk you can use water if you wish
For the chocolate glaze
- 15 grams of cocoa powder
- 15 grams of coconut sugar
- 30 grams of coconut milk
- Cut bananas in half, insert ice cream sticks and freeze for at least 30 minutes
- Mix all the ingredients for the peanut butter glaze
- Remove bananas from the freezer and cover them in the glaze, return to the freezer
- Repeat the last step if you wish
- Mix all the ingredients for the chocolate glaze or melt your favourite chocolate bar
- Pour the glaze over bananas and add your favourite toppings
- Return to the freezer to set completely pr enjoy straight away