When it’s grey outside go for the most colourful food! And eating a rainbow has so many benefits you will be getting a wide array of vitamins, minerals and a daily dose of good mood! I really love the flavour of the salad as well for me it has a perfect balance of sour, sweet and salty. Mushrooms are so meaty here, kale is fresh and vibrant, sweet potato helps to bulk it up so you won’t be hungry 15 minutes after, roasted peppers and coriander add a burst of flavour and avocado not only super delicious and creamy but as well will help your body to absorb lots of nutrients from these vibrant veggies.
Lately, I have been obsessed with kale and It’s a great immune boosting veggie. Especially when consumed raw you will be getting all the vital nutrients untouched. Vitamin C, vitamin A and most important rare vitamin K just to name a few. Shiitake mushrooms as well have been well known as a superfood. They are a great source of vitamin B for healthy brain function and energy release and so important vitamin D during the winter time.
Hope I convinced you to give it a try and hope you love it as much as I do.
Kale salad with roasted veggies and ginger shiitake
- 1 small sweet poato
- 5 small sweet peppers
- 150 grams of shiitake mushrooms
- 50 grams of baby tomatoes
- 200 grams of kale
- half of avocado
- small bunch of coriander
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of sesame oil
- 1 tsp of minced ginger
- 1 garlic glove
- Add peppers and whole potato to the roasting tray and bake in the preheated oven at 220 degrees for 20-25 minutes
- Massage kale with juice of a half lime, maple and sesame oil and set aside to marinate.
- Slice tomatoes and chop avocado and coriander.
- Add all the mushrooms to the pan alongside with sauce, ginger and garlic. Cook on the medium heat for about 5-10 minutes till they are shrinked in size.
- Remove veggies from the oven and slice sweet potato. Add to the pan with mushrooms and stir everything together.
- In the serving bowl start with all the kale then top with roasted veggies, sliced avocado, tomatoes and coriander.