This is my version of mince pies, vegan and gluten-free of course and I decided to make them oil free so it’s truly a treat that everyone can enjoy!
I made the crust quite thin so it’s crispy but still holds the juicy filling perfectly. If you prefer to have a thicker crust just double the ingredients but they will take slightly longer to bake.
I love the addition of goji berries and walnuts here as well they added the unique twist and awesome crunch but feel free to use more traditional raisins.
Overall these little pies just prove to me that the most important is to have fun in the kitchen and you can customise your dessert however you want without compromising your values or the taste. So I hope you will enjoy my festive mince pies just as much as we did:)
For the crust
- 50 grams oat flour
- 15 grams flax meal
- 50 grams orange juice
- 20 grams cashew butter
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
For the filling
- 1 apple cubed
- zest and juice from 1 tangerine
- 30 grams dates chopped
- 30 grams goji berries or raisins
- 30 grams chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp gloves
- 1/5 tsp nutmeg
- Mix all the ingredients for the crust and let it sit covered on the counter while you prepare the filling.
- Cube the apple, combine with dates, goji berries and finelly chopped walnuts(all the ingredients should be pretty much the same size for the best results)
- Zest tangerine and squeeze the juice over apple mixture, sprinkle all the spices over and start making mince pies by spreading thin layer of the dough over your baking tins(leave some dough to form the stars).
- Fill your prepared shells with filling, place the star on top and bake for 25 minutes in preheated to 180 degrees oven.
- Let them cool in the tins before removing.