This mousse is so delicious. light, airy, ultra-creamy and melt in your mouth! And it is vegan and gluten-free.
If you love peanut butter and creamy desserts than this one is for you:)
It takes about 10 minutes to put together and you only need 4 ingredients. It is so simple! The only thing except mixing that you need to do is to whip aquafaba.
If you never heard about aquafaba… It is a liquid left after draining the can of chickpeas. It mimics perfectly egg whites and in this recipe aquafaba gives it that lightness and airiness that you expect from the mousse.
I love to add crunchy toppings and fresh berries to compliment the flavour and add another texture profile. Dark chocolate and crushed peanuts of course work like a dream with a creamy mousse and fresh strawberries is another favourite of mine!
Peanut butter mousse
- aquafaba from 1 can of chickpeas
- 80 grams of coconut cream
- 80 grams of peanut butter
- 2-3 tbsp of maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- Beat the coconut cream till soft peaks
- Gently mix it with peanut butter
- Beat aquafaba with maple syrup and pinch of salt till stiff peaks
- Fold the peanut butter coconut combo into aquafaba trying to loose as little air as possible
- Fill you serving cups with the mousse and place it in the fridge to set(4 hours to overnight)
- Add your favourite toppings if desired and enjoy