With a heatwave at full swing, these caramel slice is the perfect way to cool down since I love keeping them in the freezer for an icy treat that is always there for you.
With so many delicious fruits in season, I have a hard time choosing what to do next because there are just so many options, but this time I’m so glad that I went for peaches. Delicate aroma and a soft and juicy texture add so much flavor the date caramel and since there is peach in every single layer you really get fantastic rounded taste. You can store them in the fridge and they will be gooey or a freezer is a great option for prolonging shelf life and since they never feel completely frozen you can eat them straight from the freezer(well wait 5 minutes for a better texture but so many times I skip this step))))
Chocolate layer to top it all of the added sharpness and balanced the sweetness of dates and cacao nibs and coconut are there for added texture and crunch. Juicy blueberries will burst if you let the slice to unfreeze or if you eat them frozen they taste like little drops of the sorbet and they look pretty magical if you ask me! I hope you can give them a try!
Pech caramel slice
- 2 1/2 medium ripe peaches
- 150 grams soft dates
- 50 gr almond milk
- 30 grams cacao powder
- 50 grams almond butter
- pinch of salt
For the base
- 50 grams oat flour
- 30 grams protein powder
- 1/2 medium peach
- 1 tbsp coconut butter
- Blitz all the ingredients for the base in the food processor and press firmly in the lined baking mold.
- If your dates aren't soft enough, you need to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before.
- Reserve and finely chop one peach and combine the rest with soft dates, milk, a pinch of salt and almond butter, blend till smooth caramel forms.
- Add sliced peach on top of the base and follow with half of the caramel.
- Stir in cacao in the rest of caramel and spread evenly on top of the first layer.
- To keep the layers sharp you may want to pop the bars in the freezer before the final layer, but this is not necessary.
- Decorate as desired, I chose to add blueberries, coconut and cacao nibs.