This is how ultimate comfort food looks for me. It’s hearty, satisfying and really delicious. And made from plants.
I layered my burger with caramelized onion and zucchini, obviously, the patty topped with homemade melty vegan cheese (stay tuned for the recipe!) tomato rounds and pickled carrot! So good and packed with protein especially served on top of my sourdough.
I made them for my family as well and they all loved it, especially my sister who is a newbie to veganism and fascinated by all new possibilities and options that are suddenly opened to her. I hope that you can give them a try:)
Plant power burger
- 200 grams cooked white beans
- 200 grams cooked quinoa
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 white onion
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- few sprigs of thyme and parsley finely chopped
- olive oi
- Over low heat saute finely cut onion and zucchini. After about five minutes add thyme and a big pinch of salt and coconut sugar(optional). Continue stirring so everything cooks evenly.
- When onion caramelized place half of the mixture to the food processor, reserving the other half for layering a burger.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the jag of food processor and pulse till relatively smooth.
- Form patties and fry over medium heat for about 3 minutes per side or till golden brown.