On the weekends when I am more relaxed I love to take my time in the morning and make something special for breakfast. It always still will be healthy but just with that extra touch of indulgence and care.
These quinoa pancakes always hit the spot! They are so light and fluffy and packed with protein with additional chocolate on top, what not to love? The swirl is the just easiest thing to do but looks fun and taste heavenly. I like to keep my breakfast light and always enjoy pancakes with lots of fruits and coconut yogurt. But if you are feeling extra love is needed they are great with chocolate drizzle (coconut oil, cacao powder, and maple syrup tablespoon each) or/and nut butter (if you mix cashew butter with coconut water and vanilla it will be the best sugar-free sauce that you ever had)
Combinations of toppings are truly endless so you will have a something new to try every time that you make them!
Quinoa chocolate swirl pancakes
- 50 grams quinoa flour
- 50 grams oat flour
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 200 grams plant based milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- Combine first 6 ingredients and let it sit for at least 15 minutes(longer the better and you can even leave it overnight in the fridge)
- When ready to cook add baking soda and lemon juice. In the separate bowl combine 3 tablespoons of the pancake batter with cacao powder and tiny splash of milk or liquid sweetener just to loosen up it a little.
- Place a tablespoon of white batter on the pan, add teaspoon of chocolate batter on top and spread it quickly.
- Wait for the for pancake to dry up on top and flip it on the other side, cook one more minute and remove from the pan.