Did you have favorite dessert growing up? For me it such a difficult question because I just loved them all. But one thing I can say for sure Rafaello was somewhere very close to the top. It’s just something so delicate and airy about this snow white sweet.
I haven’t had store bought Rafaello in a long time now and I was really missing the flavors. And the only logical thing was to recreate them.
Hope you will like them as much as I do because it was a pure joy for me to bite into one.
These cups are so creamy and delicate when served at the room temperature and when frozen they taste like the almond joy that has been turned into ice cream bytes such a perfect little treat. If you want to keep them in the fridge I recommend to cover them with chocolate then you will have a hard shell to bite into and soft filling with a crunchy almond in the middle.
- 100 grams mature or young coconut meat young coconut will give you a smoother texture
- 50 grams cashews
- 50 grams almond milk
- 30 grams agave nectar
- Pinch of vanilla
- 8-10 almonds to insert in the centre
- Grated coconut for the topping
- Combine all the ingredients except almonds and blend on high till completely smooth.
- Place them in the molds, insert an almond in the center and pop them in the freezer to set.
- Remove from the molds and leave at the room temperature for 15 minutes, grate coconut on top if desired