Sometimes there is the problem only brownie can solve! At least this is how it works with me! That doesn’t mean that I have to compromise on my health and today’s recipe is an example.
These brownies are raw, high in protein and antioxidants and so delicious. Walnuts and goji berries add a nice texture but feel free to use other combination, like for an example cherry and chocolate would be a great choice.
And personally, I think that everything is better with an icing so I whipped up a super quick cherry frosting. I love how sweet lucuma balances tart cherry and combined with creamy coconut yogurt it tastes like a real treat.
So you see… You don’t have to leave your healthy path in search for brownies as they are been here waiting for you:)
Raw brownies with cherry frosting
- 250 grams soft dates
- 100 grams coconut milk
- 100 grams unsweetened protein powder or almond flour
- 40 grams cacao powder
- 40 grams walnuts
- 40 grams goji berries
- pinch of salt
For the icing
- 100 grams coconut yogurt
- 1 tbsp cherry powder
- 2 tbsp lucuma powder or 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- In the food processor combine dates with coconut milk and blend until smooth
- Add protein powder and cacao powder and continue blending until the ball forms
- Sprinkle walnuts, goji berries, and salt over. Pulse a few times just to break down the nuts slightly.
- Remove it from the jag and press down firmly into the container.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or better overnight.
- When ready to serve stir all the ingredients for the icing, cut brownies into squares and add the desired amount of frosting on top.